This Tutorial is for advanced users... to the beginners, please do this at your own risk!
1. Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit Enter. A warning sign will appear. Click continue if you’re really sure of what you are doing.
2. Scroll down and look for the following entries:
2. Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several processes at once, and this will speed up the page loading.
3. Make amendments to the entries as follows.
4. Set “network.http.pipelining” to “TRUE” by double-clicking on it.
5. Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “TRUE” by double-clicking on it.
6. Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to "8" by double-clicking it. This means it will make 8 requests at once. There is no point setting it higher than 8 as it is capped at 8 max. [The default value for this setting is 4]
7. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to "0";. This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.
8. If you’re using a broadband connection you should be loading pages much faster now.
Source: Miniden Forum